Mandy B. WillisPartner
- Non-Profit / Universities
- Medical / Medical Devices / Biomedical
- Mechanical / Manufacturing / Automotive
- Electrical / Computer Engineering
- Computer Software / Internet
- Chemical Sciences
Member Ohio Bar; U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio.
Mandy is an attorney with a primary practice of patent prosecution and patent litigation matters. She concentrates on prosecuting inventions before the United States Patent and Trademark Office involving computer software, electro-mechanical and mechanical arts. Mandy has significant experience with computer vision technology and contributed to her client’s efforts to build a portfolio on intelligent transportation systems. In congruence with her domestic prosecution practice, Mandy assists with foreign prosecution and authors patent opinions.
Mandy is also a member of the firm’s intellectual property litigation team. Her experience in motion practice extends to all stages of the litigation process, including drafting and collaborating on dispositive motions. Mandy has also been involved in Markman hearings. She has experience in appellate practice in the federal Courts of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court, and has assisted multiple clients in reaching favorable rulings.
Mandy counsels individual and large clients in other aspects of intellectual property. She manages both domestic and foreign prosecution, authors patent opinions, and handles trademark applications.
- HealthSpot, Inc. v. Computerized Screening, Inc. (Northern District of Ohio) – Obtained favorable claim construction ruling in declaratory judgment action for client charged with infringing U.S. Patent 6,692,436; Represented client in summary judgment motion that resulted in the patent owner taking a judgment of non-infringement.
- Premium Balloon Accessories v. Creative Balloons Mfg., Inc. (Supreme Court) – Prepared Brief in Opposition to Petition for Writ of Certiorari.
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Case Western Reserve University (B.A., cum laude, Chemistry and Sociology, 2002)
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., 2005)