Fay Sharpe is committed to supporting the communities we serve, from Cleveland to the broader legal field. Our partners, attorneys and administrative staff volunteer their time, expertise and financial support, both individually and collectively.
Commitment to community
Individually, our employees participate in civic, professional, educational and charitable organizations, including the Booster Club and Junior Achievement. Collectively, we have raised funds for organizations such as:
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Pedal to the Point for Multiple Sclerosis
- Kirtland Educational Foundation
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of Northeast Ohio
- Cleveland Clinic Lerner Center for Autism
- Cuyahoga Community College Foundation‘s Minority University Research & Education Project (MUREP) and the MUREP Aerospace Academy
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank’s Harvest for Hunger
Fay Sharpe’s attorneys also play active roles within the legal community. Our attorneys belong to local and regional bar associations, as well as to intellectual property law associations including the International Trademark Association and the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association. As a firm, Fay Sharpe belongs to the following associations and is always looking for partnership opportunities that match our firm goals.
- North Akron Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Cleveland Alliance
- Greater Cleveland Partnership
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
Educating future leaders
Committed to developing future leaders, Fay Sharpe offers a work study program at St. Martin de Porres High School in Cleveland. Each year, we employ students to assist with administrative work, with the goal of preparing them for careers in law.
The firm also provides contributions to law schools at Case Western Reserve University and the University of Akron. And in 2009, to honor a young colleague who lost his battle with cancer, we created the Vic Nolan Intellectual Property Law Scholarship to aid a Cleveland-Marshall college of Law student pursuing IP law.