In today’s competitive high technology sector, protecting investments in internet and computer software development is key. By understanding complex technologies in the context of intellectual property laws, Fay Sharpe helps clients leverage technology investments to establish a market-leading position.
Our patent attorneys and IP engineers have degrees in electrical engineering, computer science, physics and a broad spectrum of other disciplines. Our professionals also have real-world experience in the technology sector, giving us a practical approach to the complex IP issues our clients face.
We serve software and Internet clients, including tech start-ups, that deal with e-commerce, data aggregation and presentation, telecommunications, digital imaging, payment processing, micro- and nano-processing, electromechanical systems and other technologies. Because we take the time to understand each client’s business and IP challenges, we can offer sophisticated, focused solutions, and help you to:
- Conduct due diligence investigations to assess IP assets
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications
- Provide counsel on patent law, trademark law, copyright law, trade secret law and other areas of IP
- Negotiate and develop licensing agreements
- Develop IP portfolio management and protection strategies
- Enforce and defend IP assets through litigation or other dispute resolution
By constantly reviewing new technologies and regulations, we ensure that your IP strategies effectively address your global needs, as IP assets — and the laws protecting them — rapidly evolve.
- Xerox Corporation
- CardinalCommerce Inc.
- Segmint Inc.
- Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.
- E-Max Gaming Corporation
- Philips Medical Systems
- Simplicity Payment Association
Contact Fay Sharpe today at 216.363.9000 to learn more about protecting your technology investments.