01 May Brendan J. Goodwine
Brendan Goodwine’s practice encompasses a wide variety of intellectual property matters, including patent prosecution, patent litigation and inter partes reviews, as well as trademark prosecution and litigation for private companies, institutions, and individuals. Brendan has particular experience in the patent realm with respect to biomedical, chemical and polymer, software, and computer technologies.
Brendan receives his J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where he served as the Managing Editor of the Journal of Law, Technology & the Internet and the Co-President of the Student Intellectual Property Law Association. While earning his degree, Brendan worked as a clerk at Fay Sharpe LLP and as an Assistant Coordinator in Residence Life at Case Western Reserve University. Before attending law school, Brendan earned a degree in Biomedical Engineering at Case Western Reserve University, with focuses in tissue engineering, computer science and computer engineering. While earning his undergraduate degree, Brendan also worked in the Musculoskeletal, Mechanical, and Materials Laboratory at Case Western Reserve under Dr. Christopher J. Hernandez conducting image analysis and studying the biomechanical properties of vertebrae.
- Ohio, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2019
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Case Western Reserve University (B.S.E., Biomedical Engineering, 2012)
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 2016)