Biotechnology can be viewed as a toolbox designed to solve problems. From growing food and formulating life-saving vaccines, to alternatives to fossil-based fuels, biotechnology is increasingly important to the world around us. Our attorneys and IP engineers focus on protecting the proprietary advancements of our biotech clients.
Our patent attorneys and IP engineers have degrees in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical and mechanical engineering, material science and a broad spectrum of other technical disciplines, and many have worked in those fields. We understand the complex technologies and specific IP challenges of our clients, allowing us to deliver sophisticated, relevant counsel that reflects current business, environmental and competitive conditions both locally and globally.
To help you safeguard your innovations in biotechnology, we:
- Conduct patent searches and due diligence reviews that analyze the innovations of your business rivals and identify how those innovations affect your product, client base and business strategies
- Develop IP portfolio management and protection strategies
- Provide counsel on patent law, trademark law, copyright law, trade secret law and other areas of IP
- Provide validity, right-to-use and infringement counsel
- Prepare and prosecute utility and design patent applications
- Enforce and defend IP assets through litigation or other dispute resolution
With more than 130 years of Intellectual Property law experience, Fay Sharpe helps clients implement comprehensive IP strategies, protecting their innovations to create a competitive, market-leading position.
- Laminin Cell Therapies Inc. (Biolamina Ab)
- Kent State University
- Babcock & Wilcox Power Generation Group
- Nitto Denko Avecia Inc.
- Cleveland State University
Contact Fay Sharpe now at 216.363.9000 to safeguard your advances in biotechnology.