01 May Mandy B. Willis
MANDY B. WILLIS is an attorney with a primary practice of patent prosecution and patent litigation matters. Ms. Willis concentrates on prosecuting inventions before the United States Patent and Trademark Office involving computer software, electro-mechanical and mechanical arts. She has significant experience with computer vision technology and contributed to her client’s efforts to build a portfolio on intelligent transportation systems. In congruence with her domestic prosecution practice, Ms. Willis assists with foreign prosecution and authors patent opinions.
Ms. Willis is also a member of the firm’s intellectual property litigation team. Her experience in motion practice extends to all stages of the litigation process, including drafting and collaborating on dispositive motions. Ms. Willis has also been involved in Markman hearings. She has experience in appellate practice in the federal Courts of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court, and has assisted multiple clients in reaching favorable rulings.
Ms. Willis counsels individual and large clients in other aspects of intellectual property. She manages both domestic and foreign prosecution, authors patent opinions, and handles trademark applications.
- Non-Profit / Universities
- Medical / Medical Devices / Biomedical
- Mechanical / Manufacturing / Automotive
- Electrical / Computer Engineering
- Computer Software / Internet
- Chemical Sciences
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Licensing & Tech Transfer
- HealthSpot, Inc. v. Computerized Screening, Inc. (Northern District of Ohio) – Obtained favorable claim construction ruling and summary judgment of non-infringement in declaratory judgment action for plaintiff charged with infringing U.S. Patent No. 6,692,436.
- Premium Balloon Accessories v. Creative Balloons Mfg., Inc. (Sixth Circuit) cert. denied – Sixth Circuit held in client’s favor, reversing the district court rulings, and finding no infringement where no trade dress rights were acquired in the use of a design.
- Member Ohio Bar, 2005
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Case Western Reserve University (B.A., cum laude, Chemistry and Sociology, 2002)
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., 2005)