Patents may not be the answer when you need to safeguard sensitive information without disclosing the details. With an intimate understanding of trade secret law, Fay Sharpe helps clients maintain competitive advantages by protecting the confidentiality of valuable trade secrets.
Our attorneys and IP engineers draw from decades of experience in all aspects of trade secret law, from document preparation to litigation. We anticipate our clients’ trade secret needs and help meet them through comprehensive services. We:
- Counsel on the viability of trade secret protection
- Draft confidentiality agreements, nondisclosure agreements and other employment contracts
- Render opinions concerning trade secret infringement and misappropriation
- Protect and enforce trade secrets through litigation and dispute resolution
Fay Sharpe’s team is also well-versed in cases related to trade dress. Our attorneys have in-depth experience in protecting the appearance of products and services, from the shape and color of packaging, to the look and feel of a restaurant.
Additionally, we stay on the cutting edge of Internet-related issues. We protect our clients’ digital assets, properties and addresses by registering and defending domain names. With more than 130 years of IP experience, we have the technical sophistication and practical knowledge to protect your strategic differentiators.
Patent Office Litigation:
The America Invents Act of 2011 introduced a variety of ways to either challenge or strengthen patents at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including:
- Inter Partes Review enables a third party to challenge one or more claims in an issued patent.
- Post Grant Review provides an opportunity for a third party to petition the United States Patent & Trademark Office to review one or more claims in an issued patent within nine months following issuance of the patent or reissuance of broadened patent claims. The proceeding provides for a scope of challenges broader than that allowed for in inter partes review.
Contact Fay Sharpe now at 216.363.9000 to learn how our other IP services can help you safeguard your IP assets.